CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Week 1 Day 2

I might become a daily weigher. I think it may give me a kick in the pants with motivation to do better/a pat on the back and encouragement to keep going. I know it is discouraged, but I may try and see if it helps me.

I started yesterday with a weigh in for the challenge. I am not sure whether or not I want this to be my start weight. I "started" weight watchers online a couple of weeks ago (meaning I paid the money and stepped on the scale) and have lost 4.7 pounds since then. I want to be .3 pounds away from my first reward! :)

This next week I will be at my parents house. Not sure how it will go, but since I'm doing the challenge, I should remain motivated. My biggest challenge will be the 9 hour drive without my husband and 3 children. This includes a 3 1/2 year old, a 2 year old wanting to potty train, and a 7 week old that still nurses every 2 hours. YIKES! Thank heavens we have a DVD player in the van.

2 comments:

  1. I would caution you about the daily weighing...it backfires on a lot of people because it becomes something they start relying on how they should feel about themselves. There are many other measures that IMO are better measures of progress as a scale gives you an unclear picture of true progress to better health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your advice. At this time I am struggling to make good eating choices all day long. I find the number on the scale to be the motivator I need first thing in the morning. I am just tying it out and am finding what works for me. :)

    ReplyDelete